24 September 2010

News & Notes

So, another week has whooshed on by. Actually, this seemed to be longest week ever. But it's over now so that's all good.

Anyone have weekend plans? I don't. I am planning yet another bonding session with the couch and Ally McBeal. All glamor, all the time over here.

I'm getting over a cold and so is Kevin. Tis the season, I suppose.

Someone took a verbal, public, swipe at The Nephew today. For the first time in my life, I feel the proverbial mother bear come out in me. It was so surprising and irrational. What's funny is that it is a comment of someone who is no longer in the picture, who has no freaking idea of what they are talking about but arrogant enough to comment.

The Nephew has become Mr Mom, with five step-children. Five. All under the age of eight. (three year old twins) He is as content and as happy as I have ever seen him. I wish I could post the picture of them but I don't have their permission to post it, much to my disappointment.

Is Seth McFarland not the smartest, most sexy guy on television?

Did everyone see Dan Savage on the YouTube? It Gets Better Here is hoping he saves some lives with this. Even if you're not gay, the lesson is important for everyone: It gets better.

And while I am talking about the YouTube, what is everyone's opinion of Katy Perry on Sesame Street? Do you feel like Sesame Street was correct in not airing the segment?

Here's what I think: I think she should have made a different clothing choice. She was on SESAME STREET for eff's sake. Was it really necessary to have the boobs on display? Yes, I see that they probably tried to make it more modest by adding the sheer neckline but she's Running. And there is a scene that shows her from the shins to her pelvis. WTH is that about? I think it should have never been filmed while she was dressed like that. I think it was poor taste on both behalfs. (is that a word? it is now.)

I found out today that my parents still had stuff in the attic of their house. I have a sinking feeling it is going to be a treasure hunt when it's time to close that house. My mom has her baby dolls from the late 30's. I know, right?

We are going to the Spaghetti Feed at my brother's fire department next weekend. It is one of those community events that is the very definition of Small Town. I love going and it's always fun to see my brother in that mode.

And now you're up-to-date. Have a great weekend y'all!!!

2 comments:

Grey Ghost said...

Just glanced at the clip,someone may have made a boob boob but they looked well under control.
Behalf is a word,you don't need the s.As in your,my or their behalf.Thats how it works over here.

Swistle said...

I think they saw her costume before they filmed it, and also that it's not too bad but on the other hand now that it's been brought to my attention I don't really want to see someone in a Frederick's of Hollywood outfit chasing a child asking to "play." And also, I think they're hoping for what they got, which is that it would go viral so they'd get to show it to even more people than would have seen it on Sesame Street, while still officially "not showing it."