18 December 2010

Looked Fear in the Eye

and said "Okay thanks, let's not meet again".

I don't enjoy being underneath cars, never have. I've done it to check for leaks or pick up something that has inconveniently rolled underneath or handing Kevin a tool. If the car is on jackstands then it's worse and better. Worse: it can fall (not really) and better: there is more space to move underneath.

Kevin is rebuilding his fuel system on the racecar. His dad & brother were both unavailable so under the car I had to go. Not just a little bit either but full body, on a creeper, under the car, for a period of time. Gah.

One sound that I enjoy is the sound of an impact wrench. Today I got to *make* the sound. It's kind of a powerful feeling actually if I weren't facing the fear of being under a car.

Kevin is good with people. He knew I wasn't too excited about being there so he was all Let's Get This Sh*t Done. As soon as I was no longer needed, he pulled out the creeper and helped me up just like nothing had ever happened. Other than saying "You're officially a drag racer's wife."

I have my favorite hoodie on and as luck would have it I actually had to wear the hood part so my hair didn't get caught in the creeper wheels. It also came in handy to catch two washers that fell. Also in the luck department: I have my glasses that acted like safety glasses.

So, now I can do f*ck-all for the rest of the day because for ten minutes: I was bad ass.

Not really.

No comments: