19 December 2010

A Very Merry Unbirthday!

It's been a fun weekend! We had dinner on Friday then Kevin & I managed to make yesterday my unofficial birthday without even talking about it.

I slept in, Kev got me coffee, I didn't do any chores or shopping. I just hung around the house. A very nice day indeed!

We went to Johnny Gringos...which is Carino's to the people who aren't Kevin. One of my favorite places to eat. Just Kevin & me and no phones. A Christmas miracle!!!

We walked across to the mall to look at books and/or perfume for a birthday gift. (this has become our tradition: going to the mall & getting to choose what I want. It's fun!) The one book I would have paid full-price for wasn't in stock: Kate Morton's new book

So we went to Macy's to buy perfume and bumped into one of my black sheep, redneck, cousins so there was an uncomfortable ten minutes.

And Macy's isn't stocking Escape by Calvin Klein. W.T.H. is up with that?

We walked back through the store where I decided to buy two glass snowman ornaments and another ornament. They were on clearance so essentially three for the price of one!!! Hooray me!!!

Now today was much different. I didn't sleep in because I had to go to town today, we needed groceries and I wanted to get in & out before everything got crazy.

I went to Michaels so I could finish a project and finish my mom's present. Below is my Nate Berkus inspired project. When it isn't the holidays anymore, I will replace the snowflake something else. It must not be too hideous or noticable as Kevin hasn't mentioned it. I wish I could take a better photograph...I will keep trying.



Then I went to two Cenex stores (Country Stores or Farmer's Co-Ops in your neck of the woods)
for Pillow Pets, of all things. They had them for $14.99 where they are $19.99 at least everywhere else. I bought them for the triplets. (great suggestion CK!!!!)

Then I went to Freddy's and bought groceries. I made a quick break for it just as it started to get busy again. My nephew text me while I was there: "I'm in Target. FML." He's experiencing Christmas shopping for children for the first time.

Then I wandered around the house doing chores and little projects. We had dinner leftovers for lunch and now I'm heading next door for dinner!

It's been fun having birthday wishes via Facebook and text. One of the good developments of the interwebs.

This was a text from one of my co-workers that made me laugh:

"Happy Birthday to you. You work in a zoo. If we were some primates...I'd fling you some poo..."

No comments: