27 February 2011

Ahhhhh, television. I Love You

Even with six inches of snow on the ground, I am happy to report that Directv came out and fixed our satellite. 

Unfortunately, the repair man insisted on moving our dish.  Kevin wasn't happy.  It requires it to be on the shed over at the parents house and have a cable across the driveway that needs to be buried if/when this snow ever melts. 

It took him about four or five hours to finish.  I am not sure if it was his lack of skills or if there was an actual problem with the system or if he was stretching the job out.  When I make the follow-up call to Directv tomorrow, I will mention it.

The kids came to sled while he was here so I bailed on him completely.  I couldn't not go play because he was taking so long.

Regardless, we have television again.  We can watch the news again.  Seattle stations don't broadcast their newscast online, you can only read the news online.   The traffic and weather are all encompassing instead of the specifics you get during the broadcast.  Just that little simplicity makes a big difference.

For once in my life, I was sick of reading and sick of the internet so the repair came just in time for my sanity.

All in all, it was six days instead of eleven.  That still seems like a ridiculous long wait but it's over now. I can pretend that it never happened and hope that it never does again.

No comments: