22 February 2011

News & Notes

To add insult to injury with the whole no television thing, the PNW is expecting a snowapalooza tonight, tomorrow, and Thursday.  We have to rely on the radio for road conditions.  It is less than helpful, local radio, as today's traffic report was...and I swear to God this is true:  "The roads are sparkly"  Sparkly? Really?

I am pleased with Directv owning their sh*t and that we'll have television on Thursday.  Kevin's mom called me a pit bull.  (:-D

One of the funniest conversations ever was night before last.  I put Peggy Sue Got Married in the vhs player in our room because I knew I'd fall asleep to it easily.  Kevin walks in and says "I don't like her."
"Her? Who?"
"Her.  Kathleen Man.  Like a Man. Kathleen Zeta Jones. Chandler Bing's Dad/Mom."

Did you guess it? Kathleen Turner. 

Does anyone read Jamie over at Daydream Believer?  It seems as if she's dropped off the planet, no longer blogging, no longer tweeting, email not working.  I don't know whether to be insulted or worried.  So Jamie, if you're reading send up a signal so we know you're okay.

Two hair things...I am beginning to be concerned that my hair will never be light blond again. I set the coloring on BIMBO this weekend and it finally appears blonde.  Then I saw myself in the video we have with the reddish hair and I liked it again.  Sigh.
And Pantene is pissing me off.  I wish they'd stop changing their product. 

We took Missy for a bath because Lucky sneaked across the creek to play with the llamas then came back smelling like the depths of hell.  Thusly Missy smelled and got a bath.  This is the very definition of miserable:
You can read her thoughts. She's plotting our deaths. 

Okay everyone.  My loving husband wanted corndogs for dinner so I must away and make magic in the kitchen.

Have a great week!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I don't think she's plotting your deaths so much as wondering why you hate her.

And your local TV stations should have websites, and they should post the weather forecasts there. There's also weather.com.

creative kerfuffle said...

sparkly? really? the roads were sparkly? that's priceless.
maybe if you let missy watch animal planet when the satellite comes back on she will not plot your demise? just a thought.