21 February 2011

Day Three of Now Eight

So in an act of partial desperation and partial what Kevin calls "Getting My Bitch On", I phoned Directv with simultaneously emailing the company yesterday. 

With a small victory dance I will announce that the repair call has been bumped three days closer.  To the customer service rep's credit she was Horrified at the eleven day wait.  Horrified.  She did encourage me to keep calling in so that's what I will do.   A call every 24 hours is what I call restraint.

Kevin did discover by accident that he can get the DVR to work so we can play what we've already recorded.  This is some solace.  We still can't watch the news...there's another chance of snow Tues-Friday...but we can watch hours of Holmes on Homes.  It is a small victory and I will take it.

Oh, and I have used my Twitter and Facebook to complain about this whole debacle because that's what social media is for, doggone it.  Yes, yes I did mention that to the Directv customer service rep and in my email.  Might mention it again, as a matter of fact.

To answer your unasked question of "Do you think perhaps a television intervention was actually necessary and this is the universe telling you something?"  Well, yes. Kinda.  In the summer we don't watch a lot of  television because we aren't home. But the winter months, oh these winter months, I admit I do watch it a lot.  I am feeling a little like Charlie Sheen right now.

And you know insomnia loves?  Television.  It was rightly pissed last night when it didn't have it.

Meanwhile, the house is spotless.  I've read 2.5 books and starting another.  Luckily for me it's a four book series.  I did a Consolation Shop at Michaels and spent only $6.  Kevin and I had two dates nights because having no television apparently equals me not having to cook.  That so works for me!

So stay tuned, get it? I made a television joke, ha ha.  We will continue this story and hope beyond hope that Directv redeems itself after the long weekend.

1 comment:

creative kerfuffle said...

stay tuned. HA. good one! : ) i have come to the conclusion that we watch entirely too much tv in our house. i think i might have to stage an intervention of my own.