23 February 2011

*Snow Day*

It's the middle of February and I'm finally getting my snow day.  We woke up to a few inches, on top of the inch-ish we already had of snow & ice.  Looking out the window now, it appears that we have about six inches and it's still falling.

Unfortunately Kevin is out in it right now because my brother-in-law slid into a ditch.  We are not talking about WTF he was doing out there in the first place as there is certainly nothing we can say that he hasn't already said to himself.

My prediction of having a television-less snow day did come true.  I have Leap Year saved on the DVR and I just put it on scroll while I did chores and finished book #4. 

Now I am anxious about Directv being able to get here tomorrow morning.  I feel safe in saying that I doubt it.  Roads are bad and getting up our road is not going to be easy.  I will say that I will have to be creative in my reward if the repair man does indeed show up.

All in all I enjoy snow days.  I like how it makes a person slow down.  I am not sure I am prepared for three consecutive snow days but it is beyond my control at this point.  I am beginning another 3 book series so at least I don't have to worry about reading material.  I may however need medication for Kevin who is also going to be stuck at home with me.

Missy, on the other hand, is very happy.  She loves the snow and loves coming inside to her warm bed. I think she's forgiven us for that whole bath thing.

I will take pictures tomorrow. 

I hope this finds everyone home, warm, and cozy.

1 comment:

creative kerfuffle said...

i also love snow days, though i'm pretty sure ours are over for the season. we did get some much needed rain though.