19 October 2019

Scenes from a Marriage - The Haircut

Kevin is going to get his haircut right now.  Normally I go with him but lately I haven't.  Call it conflict avoidance.

Like I've talked about in the past, our friend who cuts our hair scalped me, gave me Moe bangs.  After it happened twice, I finally started going elsewhere to get my hair cut.

It seems like every time that Kevin goes to get his hair cut, I am having a bad hair day.  I mean, not any day is particularly great with my hair.  But it usually is specifically out of control, it seems, when I see her.

I mentioned this today because OMG my hair today.  First, it's static-y.  Second, it's growing back so it's all "pffft" every where.  Third, I have no patience this morning.

I mentioned this to Kevin, who disagreed.  He thought it looked good.  Like, sincerely.  Not comfortingly.

Then he acknowledged that sometimes it is kind of a hot mess.  Then he went to explain how on one side it's kind of out of control compared to the other side.

"Because it is GROWING BACK."

"But, I mean..."

"Because there's NO HAIR THERE."

"It was ONE FIRE."  he finally says.

I laughed but said "You know, pal, you are blessed with the ONLY wife who wouldn't freak about it."

A few minutes later, I am writing a check for his haircut. (yes, there are many things wrong in that sentence)  I casually mentioned that it's only $25 for our friend to cut my hair.  But it's $45 for the stylist to cut it.

He was agape.

I explained that this is the difference between having Moe bangs or looking okay in polite society.

"But...45 DOLLARS..."  he says as he's going out the door to leave.

"I can do that with one turn of the key on the racecar..."

No comments: