05 January 2021

Maybe Today

 And now it's Tuesday.

There is still a stack of ornaments on the floor next to my desk.  Yep.  Super excited about that.  

Last night when I was making dinner, I was making a list of what I DID accomplish.  Apparently it was in my Out Loud Voice because Kevin paused what he was doing and asked "Did you just say you made the bed?"

"Yes, I did. That is how my day has been. I'm counting what I DID get done. The bar is pretty low." 

He laughed, a little nervously, and moved on. Wise man.

I did get the wall painted finally.  I bought a gallon of paint instead of a quart because I suspect I will be painting the white wall soon.  I did get some actual work finished.  I did complete all my errands.  I did get stuff done, not just what 2:00 a.m. Surely had planned.  2:00 a.m. Surely is delusional.

As of dinner time last night, I did not get the Christmas dump site cleaned up.  I did, however, make it worse.  Now you just thought, wait, how could she make it worse?  Oh, I can make things worse. TRUST THAT.

Two things:

Monica's Closet...so that's a thing unto itself.

I believe you have to make a mess to clean a mess. So now there was stuff lining the hallway.

I thought it was a good idea to pull everything out of Monica's Closet so when I was "ready" to put away everything, it would go together in a manageable way.

And the gods laughed.

7:30 last night found me laying in the middle of my office floor questioning every decision I have ever made.  I could say I was meditating to sound all grown-up and stuff but no.  It was a tantrum. It was a "I'm gonna lay here and pout."

When I realized I wasn't accomplishing anything, I snapchatted my BFF to give her an update.  Yep, you probably guessed it.  Sent it to the wrong person.  Luckily, it was my other BFF, whom I'm certain was a little "???"  They are used to me though.

But look at the shot I got of a concerned Lucy:

Dafuq you doing on the floor?

So, clapping of hands.  Here's the state of stuff and things:

Christmas decorations are boxed and labelled AND put into the closet.

The kids are taking the end tables but not until this weekend.  I still have an extra lamp but it's part of a set so it has to live in Monica's Closet until I decide what I'm doing with those.

There is a pile of stuff going to the goodwill.

The Nostalgia box has made a re-appearance. It is not going into the closet yet because I'm determined to finish that project.  

Yes, there are still ornaments on the floor. You mind your ownself.

There are now two photos and two paintings needing hung now lingering in the hallway.

This is where I say I realized this morning that the parents haven't sent over their tote of decorations yet.  Sigh.  100% Not Going There Today.

This is also where I say that Kevin has offered to help multiple times and I have declined.  Two reasons: he works eleventy hours a day and this is my mess.  And "helping" would be like having a toddler help fold laundry.  He would not be offended by that comparison; he would laugh.

New goals for today:

Get those @#$% ornaments off the floor and put away.

That's it.  That's all I got.  Seems obtainable.  Yet here I sit.  

Oh, and Kevin - clearly not thinking - asked if I sat in my new chair yesterday.  He immediately regretted that question.  Bless his heart.  

Maybe Today.  

2 comments:

Swistle said...

I think you are doing really well! Today I had, like, three things on my list, and I...I mean, I did get two done. But there is no reason I couldn't have done the third. I just didn't. And three was NOT MANY THINGS to begin with. And all my decorations are still UP. Except I also have the Christmas card boxes still out, even though I could have put them back in storage three weeks ago. Sigh.

Gigi said...

I had three fairly simple tasks on my list today. I got ONE accomplished. But I did put the Christmas ribbon away (which was not on the list). It's just like that some days.