26 January 2021

Or Best Offer

 I've mentioned before that I do the marketing for the racecar.  This entails social media, sponsorship needs, and the buying/selling of parts.  Yes, for those of you keeping track: I am the I.T. person for the racecar.

Kevin bought new wheels for the racecar and it has not gone without drama.  It's too racecar-y to get into here. Just know that it not only cost more than planned, it also requires alterations.  Drama.

He decided to sell the original wheels and had me post on the social media, websites, and thecraigslist.  This is my least favorite thing ever because trolls.  I have an innate dislike of sales and sales persons.  (If you are one, I apologize. I'm sure you're lovely)

The other night, Kevin got a message inquiring about the wheels.  It was 10:30 so he replied with a simple "Yes" to the "are they still available?"

Then a full 24-hours went by so we assumed it was spam/autobot/trolls.  I dislike online marketing for this reason.

This morning there was another inquiry.  "Can you send more pictures?"

Kevin answered, while running heavy equipment, "What would you like to see?"  

"Just some more general pics"

This precipitates a phone call to me.  I have to get into our car trailer and take photos, log in as Kevin, and post photos.  No, I'm not annoyed at all. Why do you ask?

Then the "buyer" asks what car they were on.

I answer with the year and the make.  If you're wondering, it's not necessarily pertinent to the wheels. They fit what they fit. The ad is very specific.

"Got any pics of the car?"

OFFS.

"I'm working and don't have time.  Are you interested in buying them or no?"

Then my better angel said "That was a little snarky. It takes a minute to send a photo."  Well, the only photo I have on my work computer - where this is all being done - is a cartoonish photo that doesn't show the wheels.  My worse angel laughed and said "Send that one".



He answered with a counter-offer of $100 less than asking. Sigh.

Kevin phones me to see what I thought.  I thought "Counter with another $50 because now I'm annoyed."

Then he mentions: "That photo didn't show the wheels."

I'm all "I know, right?"

There was a pause then laughter.  He should know better than to have me do this and expect me to be a grownup.

This is where Kevin gets a decision making disorder and I'm sighing heavily.   He's worried that because there hasn't been a ton of interest, he should just take the offer.  I'm, on the other hand, thinking it doesn't cost us anything to store them in the trailer or than my diminishing patience with humanity.

"Counter offer another $50." I suggest. "You don't know this person, it doesn't matter."

Fine, he decides.  I counter offered and now we're waiting again.  I have to go into my office so now we're all waiting for the stunning conclusion.

Have a racecar, they said. It will be fun, they said.


No comments: