12 October 2008

40!?!?!!

Kevin, God Bless Him, just discovered that I'm going to have a rather big birthday in a few months.

I am seven years younger than Kevin. I was only 21 when we met, 23 when we married. So, I will always be young to him.

And as I am his second wife (technically third...) and they were married young and only for ten years (in two sets of five...I really should tell that story!) My age hadn't occurred to him and this upcoming birthday simply surprised him.

Now, it's not bothering me beyond "Oh My God, that's a big number. Where did the time go?"
And C will have her big birthday before mine so that's okay. (:-D Sorry, C, kinda threw you under the bus there!

Anyway, Kevin was astounded as we sat eating dinner tonight. Finally, he sat back and smiled:

"You're the oldest wife I've ever had!"