08 September 2010

Get Out of My Head

For some reason the universe has been tossing Michael, the former husband, into conversations randomly. Trust me, it is not welcome.


My in-laws knew one of Michael’s uncles….one of the cousins used to work for Michael’s dad (that made for an interesting moment at a family function)…Michael’s parents (and reportedly Michael himself) lives near a dear friend’s business. So whether or not I want to hear about him, sometimes I do.


I haven’t laid eyes on him in years. I can’t remember the last time I actually saw him. It has been long enough now that I am not sure that I would recognize him right away. Kevin sees him in traffic sometimes. Michael WAVES at him. I know, right?


Kevin mentioned something that his ex-wife said when they spoke a while ago. His ex-wife threw me under the bus by saying “I don’t understand how you can look past what *firegirl* did but not forgive me for cheating on you.”


Wait. What. The. HELL.


It was one of those pause moments, fork actually in midair during a meal, eyes wide, moments.


She told Kevin that Michael told her that I had cheated on him. Apparently, the Cheaters Club had one last meeting…


DEEP BREATH.


Michael lies. If he is speaking, he is lying. He also told everyone that I had emptied the bank account. (Yes, Michael, I really had to have that $37 for eff sake.) He said I was a coke whore. Hello, alcoholic that left rehab against the wishes of the counselors.


What. EVER.


I was surprised how much this still pissed me off.


Then I spotted a gray Citation o the way to work and there he was again, in my head. M’er F’er. When we split up, he insisted that we go out to dinner to hash things out, etc. I refused dinner but said I would meet him at a park just to talk. He brought this car, offering it to me for free, so that he could have the brand new car we had just purchased.


Yeah. Not So Much.


Then my father-in-law mentioned that my ex-father-in-law had cancer and wasn’t doing well. I paused for a moment to allow the lightning to strike for thinking not nice thoughts then reminded myself that most of what I knew about him was probably lies that Michael told me. Then I thought “That will be another funeral I will have to consider going to.” Then I remembered I Don’t Care. (that and a permanent restraining order)


As I believe that things come in threes, I am going to assume that this is the end of any further thoughts of Michael. God, I hope so.

2 comments:

Grey Ghost said...

Hi FG.I suppose you could say I was lucky,Joyce and I moved half a country away from my ex and I haven't seen Margaret and her husband since we took them out for a farewell dinner.I can still remember some of the happier times we had.The nasty part only lasted a month or so.
There's an old saying,"Don't let the b*****ds grind you down".

creative kerfuffle said...

i really don't see any reason to even consider going to the ex fil's funeral. srsly. of course that shit still makes you furious, how could it not. i got furious just reading it. ha--wouldn't it be funny if your ex and kevin's ex ended up together! LOL