14 September 2019

Wisdom Dropping Everywhere

Sweet Baby visited today and we got to spend some one-on-one time together, which never happens.  In a family this size, there's just always someone around.

But he's staying the night at his grandparents and his papa (the Brother) was talking with Kevin.  I think he just assumed I'd hang out with James, actually.  Anyway.

We walked to the mailbox, which is quarter-mile long round trip.  He chatted away the whole time and I got about half of it.  He has a speech delay that is being treated with the "Wait until he grows more" approach, which is making me squint.  So I employ all the speech therapy tricks I know until he catches onto me and gets annoyed.  He's smarter than me, I fear.

Uncle is still here and Baby wanted to go pet his dogs that were in the motorhome.  I explained that we couldn't go in the motorhome.  He said he wanted to pet the dogs.  I explained that we couldn't because they're old dogs and grumpy and bitey.  We had to leave them alone.  He relented and rode his push bike around.

Then he tried again a few minutes later and I repeated that we couldn't because the doggies were grouchy and bitey.  He just looks at me with big blue eyes and sincerely and innocently says "Don't Worry."

And there's my heart, a puddle on the ground.  "Don't worry" he says.

Learning lessons this week from the oldest to the youngest members of this crazy family.


No comments: