13 September 2019

Geriatric Hit It and Quit It

We went to dinner with Uncle last night.  He's 84 years old and I think he could still kick our ass if need be.  His wife passed away almost two years ago and he's been grieving hard since.

Apparently his doctor talked to him about his grief/depression and suggested that he "get out there." So one of his sons set him up on the facebook and, unbeknownst to us until last night, also made a dating profile for him.

He's gotten messages from multiple women, they even send him photos and he has responded.  He said he'll travel a bit to meet someone but of course, would like someone near his home.  He only implied it because there were women at the table but it appears that he still has IT and still wants to use IT.  (if it has to be in my brain, it has to be in yours. lol)  I don't think he's looking for long-term, just for companionship.

He's looking for someone 55 - 65 years old.  When we were incredulous at that, he laughed and said "Well, I don't mind getting hurt. I don't want to DIE."  I laughed at first and then realized that's actually kind of a great way to look at it.

So to go along with the deal with your shit quest, we have added a...I'm not sure how to phrase it...A live at all costs mindset.  Doesn't matter your age, doesn't matter your grief, you gotta live your life.