15 January 2020

Snow Hostage Situation Day Three

We had a beautiful weather event here in the PNW.  Looking out my window, I have over one foot of snow on the ground.  Snow here isn't unusual but this amount of it is.  Although we had snow for one month this time last year so fingers crossed that this melts nicely.

I've been home for three days, plus the weekend.  I've reached the Maybe I Should Paint point of being housebound.  Luckily for all involved I don't have enough to complete a project so it's not an option.  And the power has been flickering, so that's fun.

Lucy is bored with me even though I spent an hour outside this morning taking photos and letting her zoom around.  I have a book I keep meaning to read and it's still on the table.  I have culled through the gigantic stack of magazines though.  I've caught up on everything on the dvr and watched a few movies. I've done a little writing but with flickering power and a dying laptop it is not my best choice of activities.

In peak adulting, I've done the laundry and my chores multiple times. I've treated the kitchen sink drains.  I've done some work even though it's frowned upon.  I've cleaned up my email. I organized the recycling.

Like a teenager, I've messaged my friends, I've posted on facebook, and I've off-and-on played two games on my phone.  My bff mentioned one of them a few weeks ago so I tried it and really liked it.

WordScapes is a good game to keep your brain going. Also, the graphics are pleasing, which matters to me and probably not to anyone else.  Every once in a while I get stumped and frustrated but I eventually get it.  Not before whining about it though; including screenshoting the game and messaging my bff with said whining.

The other game is related: WordStacks.  I thought I would like this game more than I do.  The dyslexia struggles with it more than I would have predicted.  But I'm stubborn so I just keep working on it until I figure it out.  Which probably is the entire point of playing games such as these at my age.

Now the temperature is dropping and low clouds have arrived.  We have a chance of either high wind and warmer temps or more snow.  It's a Sophie's Choice of weather options.

And I just realized that I have Monday off because of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

I'm never leaving the house again, I fear.  Send suggestions for entertainment stat.

1 comment:

angela said...

I highly recommend a subscription to Disney+, the catalog is HUGE.