19 January 2020

Jeans - The Real Debate

There was a debate at work the other day that I missed and I am so bummed about it.  So I'll bring it up here.

How is your closet organized?  Is it by season? by style? by color? Not at all?

And controversial sub-topic: do you hang jeans or fold them and put them in the drawer?

THIS! is what is important to debate about.

I have tried a few organizational ways. I've tried by season but that doesn't seem to work for me very well. Some of it is that I live in the beautiful PNW so it's not uncommon for three different seasons to appear in one day.

Whereas organizing by style is just...silly.  How does that work, even.  My brain cannot with that.

As you may have guessed, the closet is organized by color.  It just makes my brain happy.  Granted, there aren't many needed color groups but it's by color all the same.

Jeans...of which I have very few pairs of now...are folded and in the dresser.  I was always under the impression that jeans were too heavy to be hung.  Maybe it's because I've always had old houses/furniture? Otherwise, I don't know why I think that. #UrbanLegend

Pants...that aren't track or yoga...are hung.  AND by color, which is easy because Black.

According to popular internet meme, I am also supposed to have "the chair" where clothing piles up. To that, I respond: ahahahahahahahahahaNO.  There is a chair in our closet where clothing will sometimes temporarily live but NO.  It's more there because I don't have storage for it.

So I put this topic forth for raging debate.

Kevin on the left, shared in the middle, and mine on the right

2 comments:

Gigi said...

For me, jeans are folded and in a drawer - always and forever. For The Husband they are hung on sturdy hangers.

Our closets aren't sorted by color but by items.

In his closet, pants in one section, with work pants being front and center. Shirts are divided by sleeves (short and long); also with work shirts front and center.

In my closet; all spring/summer shirts in one section (right now toward the back), fall/winter shirts, skirts, pants and dresses (also divided by season).

Swistle said...

Jeans get folded in a drawer, because they don't wrinkle. My closet is separated into three sections: "dresses and blouses and skirts and other things I hardly ever wear but can't get rid of because I sometimes need them," "short-sleeved shirts," and "long-sleeved shirts/sweaters."