06 October 2020

It's Just a Bowl

 Certainly...wait, I missed an opportunity there...starting again:

SURELY, it is because we're living in The End Times and in conjunction with the purging of Monica's Closet but I had this weird tilt/shift deja-vu moment this afternoon.

I was still working in the office here at home and realized I was hungry.  Feeding myself is always a challenge for me because things rarely sound good and I often default to I don't want to fuss with The Making Something.

So, cereal.  I had cereal for lunch.  Honey Nut Cheerios.  This is almost the only cereal that I eat anymore and the main cereal of my life since it was created.  And Coco Puffs, but that's not the point of the story.  

I grabbed my cereal bowl from the cupboard.  Everyone has their own cereal bowl, right?  Kevin's is an old butter bowl from the 1960's.  


Mine is actually one of the few things I have from when I was married to satan.  Yep, kept these two bowls but not the BEST MIXING BOWL I'VE EVER HAD.  


I filled it with cereal and milk, chose a spoon, then started to eat as I walked out of the kitchen.  All of a sudden in my head, I could feel/see 1212 Dean Drive Apt 26 (S.P.A, I think that was the apartment number?)    It was the oddest sensation.

I could envision the window and see my old car, see the brown couch, the melted candles on the sconces (now that's a funny story for another time) and the glass topped dining table that I didn't like.  I could almost smell the apartment.  

There are zero similarities between my home and that apartment.  There are zero similarities between that time period and now.  It was just a bowl and cheerios.  Not even a similar spoon because we had silverware pattern that matched satan's grandmothers.  (random useless details that stick in my head) 

I actually paused in my tracks to ground myself.  Like they say to do in a panic attack: 
  • Look at 5 separate objects. Think about each one for a short while.
  • Listen for 4 distinct sounds. Think about where they came from and what sets them apart.
  • Touch 3 objects. Consider their texture, temperature, and what their uses are.
  • Identify 2 different smells. This could be the smell of your coffee, your soap, or the laundry detergent on your clothes.
  • Name 1 thing you can taste. Notice whatever taste is in your mouth, or try tasting a piece of candy.
I had to remind myself that I was not there.  But it took a few seconds to shake.  All in all, probably was a minute but enough to eff me up a little.  

Then I went back to work and moved on.  I visited a friend for an hour or so then came home and still felt a little funky.  So, I researched it because I'm a NERD.

Deja Vu:
Déjà vu is the feeling that one has lived through the present situation before. The phrase translates literally as "already seen". Although some interpret déjà vu in a paranormal context, mainstream scientific approaches reject the explanation of déjà vu as "precognition" or "prophecy". Wikipedia

I found this link and am fascinated by it.  You have to suspend a little reality so check your skepticism at the door. 9 Things Your Brain is Trying to Tell You   How much do I love the #1 on the list because that's my brain all.the.time.

I'm certain it happened because everything is in turmoil right now.  My memories are all bubbling up because of the closet project.  

Or: I'm a time lord.  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling you need to chuck that bowl against a wall (where perhaps someone else can clean it up) and get a new one!

Surely said...

OMG! I love that idea SO MUCH!

I am going to do it. It's ceramic so I can't do it at recycling. Will think about it and update.