11 January 2009

If I could...

As I was driving around yesterday doing my Saturday errands, I played the What Would I Do game. I don't know if it's just my brain or if it's everyone's but I have the tendency to wander deep into my imagination, especially when doing mundane tasks. Before I know it, the closet will be clean and I'll have this whole scenario playing in my head.

Hey, have you ever seen "A Passion of the Mind" with Demi Moore? It was recommended by a friend and I find it fascinating. She's a New York editor who lives a whole different life when she sleeps. If you haven't seen it, find it and watch it. Invest some time as it takes some attention but I think it's worth the watch.

The reason for that little impromptu movie review is because that's kind of how my brain works, without the split personality kind of thing. (that's not a spoiler!)

Anyway...

First I was thinking that running a small, out of the way hotel or bed & breakfast would be fun. Meeting lots of interesting people, having many rooms to decorate & lovingly care for might be fun. I was incorporating Swistle's Blogher House into my plans.

Then I was considering "J's" dream of owning a book store. I've secretly wanted to be a small-town librarian so this has some attraction to it. It would have to be quirky and offer something other than just books though. That idea kind of stalled out at that point.

Next up was a cafe. My brother-in-law would love to have his own restaurant. And he would be so excellent at it!! So, I had visions of the family-run restaurant. Kevin would be a great host, the S-i-l & B-i-l would be the chefs, my father-in-law would be the kindly man sitting at the counter drinking coffee, talking to people, and fixing anything that would need fixing. I could waitress, although I really like to do dishes...I know, it's not normal.

Finally, I thought of a photography studio. One to do family portraits, senior photos, and a gallery to post my random cell phone shots. This would be the best, as I could come & go as I pleased. It could also have a Blogher House capacity.

As I was turning into the driveway after shopping, I made a big mental leap: If I bought a big Victorian home, I could have all of those things in one building! How *cool* would that be!?!

And then I came back to reality while wrestling groceries and soaking wet dogs in the pouring down rain while tripping over icebergs of leftover snow.

No comments: