17 January 2009

re: FOOD SOS

A shout out to Dynamita on her blog post regarding the Food SOS.
She posted what I am certain our family & friends have wanted to say for years. (:-D To sum up: Grow Up and Get Over It.

To underline her sentiments, the topic came up over dinner with my BFF D, a long-time friend, & my sister-in-law. While they were kind, they are also very strong women and told me the same thing. Get over it. This is one of those things for which we count on our friends.

So, here we go. I'll try my best. I went grocery shopping today and bought some real food. I won't describe what raw ground turkey looks like to me *shudder* and Kevin has already said "I don't want to see it when you cook it" to which I laughed because *I* don't want to see what it looks like when I cook it. (:-D

At least this will give me more things to post about....

2 comments:

Dynamita said...

I was re reading my post and it sort of sounds like a lecture! Sorry about that, I guess the advantages of the internet is one can be a bit more blunt...

I am glad you have decided to give this a go. Trust me, in time you will get over how raw ingredients look! We have all been there. Plus, after you cook stuff it starts to smell amazing so you have that to look forward to.

I know I am missing a part of my post, but I haven't had time to sit and write properly! I will post as soon as I can.

Firegirl said...

Dynamita, Sweetie...if you knew me in real life, you would know that blunt is SO not an issue with me!! (:-D I took it with the intent you meant, trust me.

I forwarded it to my BFF's so they can agree with you and say "Yeah! What SHE said!!!" You just said everything that our friends & family have wanted to say (or have said) for YEARS. (:-D

No worries!!!