20 May 2020

Fairy Shop

One of the pages on social media that I follow is For Reading Addicts.  It's one of my favorites because it ranges from memes to book recommendations to folks searching for a book they read twenty years ago to posts like the below.

My paternal grandmother was my favorite person as a child and sadly, she passed when I was five.  She gave me books and made me scrapbooks that I adored.  I had one book that was really old (not just by a preschooler standard, but legit old) that kept falling apart.  The binding had been glued and taped many times but the clumsy hands of a small child would quickly undo any repairs.  I can still feel and smell that book.

So, yesterday I was scrolling through the social media and the page posted this poem.  Suddenly I'm a small child and remembered this poem transporting me to the fairy land.  It's things like these that shaped my overactive imagination, in the best way.



No comments: