09 May 2020

Rosie, You're Alright

Ever since Rosie joined our household, the Jackson Browne song has been stuck in my head. Luckily for me, it's one of my favorite songs of his.  (Rosie)  

Right now she is happily banging around the front room while listening to Jack Johnson.  If I were more clever, I would have played Jackson Browne on the Alexa.  Let's just pretend that I did.

Lucy, on the other hand, Not A Fan.  I mean, she's not Scared - Scared of it but like Scared-Nervous/Annoyed.  Right now she's guarding me while I write this until she decides she can safely pass Rosie to go outside to bark her displeasure.

The one thing that I didn't know was that in order to keep Rosie from entering rooms - other than a door - a wizard was required.  There is a little electronical box that will keep her from entering the kitchen.  I call it the Wizard, because You Shall Not Pass.  Kevin just calls it creepy.  

It seems a little silly but for $45 I don't have to make a barricade to keep Rosie from getting stuck under the bar stools or on the kitchen rug.  It also settles the beef she has with the entryway rug in the mudroom.  As I pointed out to Kevin, because Rosie was on sale even the purchase of the Wizard is still under budget. 

This whole AI thing is unsettling him a little bit, which I admit makes me giggle.  I guess the difference is that I grew up with the Jetsons so this is legit a dream come true.  Meanwhile, he is wondering if she's going to coordinate efforts with Alexa to overthrow the house during the night.  AND I am the nerd with the overactive imagination.

It is a silly thing but having Rosie join our house is one of the best things that I've done.  It's not like vacuuming is particularly difficult or that we live in a giant house.  (it's small, actually just 1200 square feet)  Also, I'm home all.day.every.day now so it really is silly.  But it's one less thing to think about.  Actually, I am able to multitask MORE.  I wouldn't be able to sit and write AND vacuum so that's just a win right there.

Also, I get alerts like this, which are priceless:

This was during one of her disagreements with the entryway rug. 
I think it was more of a metaphorical cliff

No comments: