19 August 2019

Bowl Full of Dreams

I came into my office with the intention of writing. I was going to write myself out of this mood that I'm in.  Now an hour later and I've written...these sentences.

What have I done instead?  Cancelled a hotel reservation and made a different one, looked for a photograph that I can't find, fished out three picture frames for a different project, ordered a car part for Kevin, and started washing the dog bedding.  Oh and my favorite Doctor Who episode is playing and I can't make myself turn it off even though it's on the DVR.

Saturday we had a birthday dinner for my niece. As much as I don't want to go to family events, I usually always come away happy to have spent time with the kids. (yes: DUH) The Birthday girl is 28 years old this year and that is simply not possible.  I sat with her "baby sister", who is 24 years old and just like me.  It's a little disconcerting.  A mini me is just both great and terrifying.

We were at a Chinese place and my fortune was one of the best I've ever gotten:

Mine is actually the lower one but I think Kevin's applies too

I keep our fortunes.  I don't know why really.  They're in a china bowl and all mixed together so I don't know which are Kevin's and which are mine or even when we got them.  I just think it's fun to have them.  


If you look closer, there are also coins in there.   When I bought a second hand rolling duffle bag for Kevin, he found change in the pockets.  They're Lira, I think.  Kevin kept telling his travel buddy "I've got magic coins!" which made me laugh.  I was trying to figure out what to do with them when I realized I can put the magic coins in with the fortunes.

The moral of this story is that I am apparently still a little girl who believes in wishes and dreams. 

Or a hoarder.  

No comments: