09 August 2019

Hitting the Pipe

I fear that Karma has visited me.  I mean, it was bound to happen.   One of my favorite things to say is "Sometimes Karma is instant." So, really, the clock was ticking.

The bronchitis/pneumonia is gone. Mostly.  I think it left asthma behind to keep an eye on me though.  I still can have a coughing fit occasionally (errr, daily, maybe, probably) and now something that I eventually figured out was an asthma attack has happened. Umm, twice.

The first time I was by myself and I was all "Huh, well, that was weird."  And moved on with my life.  Because I am adult who makes good decisions.

The second time I was at work and my coworker commented that I wasn't doing well.  Then she's like "No, really."  Finally followed up with "WHERE.IS.YOUR.INHALER.USE.IT.NOW"

I'm all "It's *cough* fine *wheeze* Calm down."

And this is where I tell you she's Latina and not to be effed with. The beatdown was pending. "Gurrrl..." she says.  Alright! Jeez.   Then she continued to talk to me, laughing that I can't respond.  Yeah, karma.

Then there's the time it started at the racetrack (totally healthy environment, no worries) and Kevin dead-eyed me in a similar fashion:
Use
Your
Inhaler

When they prescribed it, the gave me a chamber to go with it because it's more effective.  The problem with the chamber is that it's unwieldy.  And it looks weird.  I don't like it so much so I stopped using it now that I'm not sick.

I had to do it at work so I sat in my truck and did it.  I realized afterward that there was a non-coworker in the car next to me.  Nice.  I mentioned it to my work partner that "I was hitting the pipe in the parking lot but didn't notice someone parked next to me. It's okay, I told her I work for HeadStart."

At first, she didn't catch that I was kidding.  It was glorious.

My point being is that for every time I've been annoyed with the mother-in-law for not using or remembering her oxygen, I have earned an inhaler.

No comments: