03 August 2019

Wait, What? A RECIPE?

One of Kevin's all time favorite meals is Car Crash.  It's one of the first things I learned how to make back when I was married to Satan.  It's super easy and super unhealthy.

1 bag of tater tots
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 bag of frozen corn
1 lb-ish of ground beef/turkey
Shredded cheese (cheddar or mozzarella or both)

Bake the tots
Brown the meat
Mix the soup, corn and meat together
Layer tots, meat mix, tots
Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees
Add shredded cheese on  top the last five minutes

So, yeah.  Heart Attack Casserole.

I've been trying to find other things that I can cook and that he will eat.  I stumbled across something called a Mexican Bake.  I call it Mexican Car Crash.  Kevin loves it more than the actual car crash.
It's very similar and marginally better for you.

1 bag tater tots
1 can of refried beans
1  can diced tomatoes (for those of us who don't cook)
1/2 bag frozen corn
Sliced olives to taste  (I hate them)
Onions - I use freeze dried because Kevin doesn't like onions
1 lb-ish of ground beef/turkey
Taco seasoning for the meat
Shredded cheese

Bake tots
Brown the meat and add taco seasoning
Mix the taco meat, olives, tomatoes, and corn.
Layer bottom of baking dish with refried beans
Add meat mixture
Add tater tots
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-ish minutes
Add cheese on top for the last five minutes.

Then we add salsa or taco sauce or ranch to taste.  More cheese, because cheese.

So, there.  Something you would never expect to see on the bloggity.  But we're going to be gone all weekend and I didn't have content ready.  :)

No comments: