21 March 2020

Star Date Six, Status Update

Okay...what day is it today? Saturday?  Okay.

Kevin had to work today because his work is overwhelmed with business.  Construction, composting, and landscaping goes on, despite what feels like the end of the world  But him being gone on a Saturday just adds to this strange world we're living in right now.

I did not move my work office home yet. It looks like that will be on Monday.  There was a delay due to a staff person's exposure.  It will happen next week though because whew, this is rough.  AND I remembered all the plants in the office are going to need sunlight and water. Poor things. 

I have to go pick up groceries tonight because as of last Tuesday, that was the earliest pickup time available. And now there are NO times available for picking up groceries. At any of the stores. So, that's concerning.  And toilet paper remains an issue.  SO FRUSTRATING.  At least the stores here are designating early shopping hours for the elderly and medically fragile folks. 

So far of the tasks I designated for this time, I have cleaned the oven. I posted on the facebook that next time I will just move or allow it to finish burning.  What a miserable task that is.  If you're wondering, I didn't get a self-clean oven because I had one and it terrified me.  Also, the whole house smelled forever afterward.  So as gross as cleaning an oven can be, that wasn't a choice for me again. (do not apply logic, save yourself!)

I broke the rules and cut my hair today.  I was overdue for a haircut before this adventure began and I just could not handle it one second longer.  And yes, I am going to YouTube how to trim the ends during this adventure. I KNOW IT'S A BAD IDEA.  But it will give me a good story to tell.

Mostly I have kept to a schedule. I live in my own time zone, according to my friends, so it is a plus/minus 30 minutes, usually.  I can't remember what I was doing the other evening and Kevin asked me why I was doing it Then versus Later. "Because I NEED a SCHEDULE". 

First, I give you permission to call me any name you choose upon reading this:  I keep forgetting to eat.  This is a prime example why I need a schedule. I forget to eat even though I have food in the house.  Coffee in the morning, water throughout the day and then...  Also, I'm trying to pay attention to the Am I Really Hungry or Just Bored. 

I  take a photo of Lucy every day and post it on the facebook.  It's just a fun way to mark off the days on the calendar, keep my friends entertained and LOOK:




I try to accomplish a project each day.  Today is just my regular weekend chores so that's boring but necessary.  It's easy to think "Oh, well, I am home all week so I'll just do it later." But I've met me and I need to do it today.

Two realizations: 
I need to go back to work so Kevin will stop calling me all.day.long.  OMG, I love him and he's a good guy but Stop Calling.  I know he's just touching base, and he's worried. If we had just started dating, I would find this charming.  He has bluetooth but I do not because I AM HOME. So when he calls, whatever I am doing has to stop.  Anyway...it's a good problem to have. 

I am going to resent shoes when I have to wear them again.  I had this issue when I returned to work after having months off.  By the time I return to work it will be warm enough to wear my converse again so that's happy.

Might I suggest you listen to JACK FM while you're home.  The commercials are limited so it's almost the only terrestrial radio stations that I will listen to.  The point being is the music is mostly upbeat and fun, (80's, 90's and some 00's.) I listen to the Vancouver station because it's closer than Seattle and the reception is better.  Also, it plays Canadian bands too, which I love.  Like this gem: Soda   It also keeps me from just sitting down and watching television all day.

Lastly, GO OUTSIDE.  Remember to go outside and breathe the air, Feel the sun on your skin.  I have been walking to the mailbox now that the weather isn't crap.  I've spent time outside with Lucy and I just feel better.  So, go outside. Even if it's just standing out there for five minutes. Do it.

One work week complete. Five to go.  We can do this.




1 comment:

Swistle said...

I love "But I've met me."

We are on purpose going on family walks. Even if we don't go far, it seems like a good idea to GET OUTSIDE. I've seen people saying it felt good to go for a DRIVE, too, so I might do that sometime soon.

Paul is also a keep-in-touch kind of guy. So appreciated in those early dating days. Not so much now when I am trying to do something and my phone keeps going BZZT-BZZT.