23 June 2019

I Want to Make a Pun...But...

Along the lines of the Universe is just making fun now, I received a random text from my childhood best friend.

"If I send you a free caulk gun, would you use it and put a review on wallyworld dot com for me?"

Umm, random.  Okay, sure.

If I am remembering correctly, she works in research and development? marketing?  *squinting because my memory is rubbish these days*  But I would probably do it even if it were just a joke because why not?

And OF COURSE I wanted to do this.  What a fun adventure! (maybe I need to get out more)

And sure enough, about four days later I am the proud owner of a new caulk gun and caulking. Remarkably, Kevin was not as excited as I was, what a buzzkill.  Probably because he was going to do the work but whatevs.

Our house is fourteen years old so this is actually perfect timing.  It is way time to caulk around the sinks and backsplashes.  We did some of them during the painting adventure but hadn't touched the kitchen yet.

It worked perfectly and even Kevin was surprised.  He doesn't surprise easily and entered into this with skeptical pants. I suggested that maybe I could try but I only got a raised eyebrow in response.  Fair enough, hand-eye coordination isn't quite my thing.  But he has to leave the house sometime and he didn't do the common folk bathroom sink.

Indeed, I did leave a review on the wally world dot com website.  I'm not great at those but I remembered what Kevin said and wrote that. Something about not needing to ratchet it?  I should listen better.

This is just one of those completely random, "Oh, this is fun!" things that I had to share.  Although I  couldn't use any fun, pun post titles that wouldn't ping as adult entertainment.  Sigh.

No comments: