05 June 2019

What Is It About Olive Garden

Kevin hates being late.  Hates.It. So the universe gifted him with me, who lives in her own time zone.  The other morning he was late to work because REASONS *wink*wink* If you get what I mean.  Other than I knew he'd have to be creative in his reasons to his guys once he got to work, I really didn't think about it again.

Until.

Scene: we're at family dinner again.  Again at Olive Garden. What is it about Olive Garden?

Everyone settles in and Kevin's dad mentions "You were late for work today" to Kevin.

Being under constant surveillance is fun, I'm telling you.

For the one time in the universe, Kevin is speechless and just looks at me.

I burst out laughing and hung my head.  I could feel the flush creep up my face and powerless to stop it.

He started to speak and laugh and I'm all "Kevin Randall, I swear to GOD..."

"Yeah, I was just a little...um...late.  I overslept?" he offers.

And thank you sweet baby jesus, the waitress made an appearance because Kevin's dad would have SO NOT taken the cue to stop asking questions.

Luckily, his mom is oblivious to the conversation, as is the brother-and-sister-in-law.  Because if they had noticed, the story would become part of family lore to be discussed at family dinners and holidays.

Yeah, super fun when your family lives with you. Super.Fun.

No comments: