26 June 2019

Treasure Amongst Spare Change

After Kevin's truck was in the shop for over a month, we picked it up last night.  It was dirty from sitting and repairs so Kevin decided that it was time to clean it up. Even though dinner was nearly ready.

I went out to help him and I admit I was a little tired/grumpy about it.  I have a cold and the aforementioned dinner.  But if I helped, it would be over quicker and I really did understand his excitement about finally having his truck back.

For reasons not worth reviewing here, we took the seat out of the truck.  We've had this truck since 1994 and both of us have driven it for long periods of time.  It was in need of a deep detail, for sure.

Kevin pulled out receipts, change, air fresheners, random coat hook, and the yuck that accumulates over that many years.  He paused then set something on the dash.  "Well, look at that. Where did that come from?"

And this is where Surely nearly burst into tears. Kevin noticed my reaction and was all "What is happening?"  I don't get emotional so he was convinced his wife was broken.

During Christmas many, many, years ago, I bought a Mickey Mouse wrist watch for my birthday.  It was at the end of my first marriage and it was one of those just-for-me, frivolous, life affirming purchases. I was with very someone special to me at the time. A person who helped glue me back together.

The watch was the only thing I had left that was associated to them.  Then way back in about 2004-ish, I lost it.  I tore the house apart, my office, all the vehicles. We even moved a year later and still no watch. I mean, it was gone forever.

And then there it is.  A little dirty but exactly as I remembered it.

Kev didn't remember the watch because it was before him and just not something on his radar.  Even though he's not sentimental, he was happy that I had it again.

It's a little thing but it means so much for me to have it back.  It's like the Universe rewarded me for the Dealing With My Shit Quest.

It plays "The Mickey Mouse Club" and may cause time travel back to 1990