13 June 2019

Want Me to Vacuum?

May was a month of just randomness and just big stuff.  It's like the universe decided that was the month to throw a lot of stuff at me to see how well I can catch and/or duck. Highlights: Kevin's mom, Kevin's aunt passed, multiple big conversations, I effed up my ankle (yes, that one), work stuff with still no contract at work for the 19-20 school year, car trouble...you name it.  Venus is in refrigerator or something, I'm telling you.

So, when I'm working through stuff I tend to tackle large projects.  Kind of along the line of rage cleaning.

First I rehabbed the office where I am now sitting.  It feels so much better with the desk moved, the uncomfortable chair gone, and the clutter distributed elsewhere.  This morning the sun is shining in the window, there is a breeze, and it's warm enough to have it open.



Next I pressure-washed our big deck and eventually the smaller one.  The big deck wraps around the end of our house and has 146 spindles. Spindles are dumb and I hate them, especially when there are 146 of them.  However, I love to pressure wash because the results are immediate.  I plug in my music and off I go. Hours go by and I am a happy camper.



Next, because I have issues and all that barely put a dent in them, I finished painting the living room/dining area.  I left the most difficult wall for last because I am a glutton for punishment. Difficult because of the pellet stove and the high vaulted ceiling, and the not being tall. But I persevered and now it's done.  In case you're curious, it took one and a half playing of the movie Bohemian Rhapsody to paint that wall.  (with one break to go retrieve a broken down truck BECAUSE OF COURSE)



Yesterday I tackled the garden.  Weeding, trimming wildly growing plants, trying to determine weed from plant, trying to remember what/where I planted last summer. It took about half a day and I stopped only because it was getting too warm to continue. I will work on it more over the week but really, it's never "done."

Yes, that plant looks dead. It does that. Although it's fate is yet to be determined
Same dead looking plant 


While the house and garden are greatly benefiting from my strange coping skills, I'm still working through stuff but feeling marginally better.  Thank baby jesus that it's nice outside, otherwise this process would look like Doctor Who viewing marathons, coffee, and endless games of Farmville.

I think I need to have someone read my star chart or whatever.  Although I'm sure it looks like Van Gogh's Starry Night mixed with Munch's The Scream.  Otherwise, I'm going to run out of projects and I'll be knocking on your door.  You think I'm kidding.


4 comments:

Swistle said...

I so wish we lived nearer each other. Not just because of how nice it would be to have you come over and motivate me to do large projects at my own house. But partly because of that.

Surely said...

Dear Swistle,

YES. I wish that on the daily.

Although I'd probably tuck you away with a book and a cuppa and just do it myself. hahahaha.

Someday!!

Gigi said...

That "dead" plant has some green on it - so it's probably just coming out of dormancy. Or it wants some love.

Pressure washing, once you get into it, is very Zen-like and VERY satisfying when you see the end result.

Surely said...

Dear Gigi,

Yeah, it's a...juniper? (I plant things and promptly forget) It does it each year and each year a little more slow to regenerate. I don't think it's happy there. It has a buddy nearby that is super happy. :) It's fate is to be determined because it's located by the door. So, hello dead plant each time I go out. hahahaha