01 November 2009

17 Days

We leave for Vegas in 17 days. So of course, insomnia has kicked in. Lovely.

Last night, I was fixated on packing. Yes, I know, it's SEVENTEEN days. I have time.

Here's the problem:

Our suitcases actually leave three days earlier than our flight. My father-in-law & nephew are taking my brother-in-law's racecar down to Vegas so we're sending out suitcases ahead of time to avoid checking luggage.

Now, do the math with me and point out any errors I may be making:

I need five and one half days of clothing in Vegas: Wednesday we travel - arriving in Vegas at 9 am, we're in Vegas Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and leave mid-day Monday.
Our luggage leaves Monday morning ahead of us and returns Wednesday, two days after us.

I have three pairs of jeans that fit because I'm still shrinking. That leaves a few pairs of cords which I'm thinking is going to be a poor choice for Vegas. (:-D Black slacks, ditto. I've already decided that Wednesday & Monday (travel days) I'm going to wear khaki dockers. I guess I'll have to buy at least one more pair of Levi's. Because spending money before a vacation & the holidays = fun. (I couldn't plan ahead because I've lost two sizes)

And I need new sneakers. There is so much walking at the track, let alone in Vegas that new shoes are a requirement. (and what more clearly says "Hello, I'm a tourist! than new sneakers?)

And I need new socks. I need these just without traveling. And underwear...

Then let's think about cosmetics and toiletries. I have to double-up everything. Makeup, hair products, curling iron, etc, etc. Hello Target, don't let me down.

Then we have Kevin. He already has new sneakers but I think he needs one more pair of Levi's too. (the planning ahead thing applies here though) Luckily, he has eleventy hundred t-shirts so that's not a problem. Socks & underwear = yes, of course. I guess Target will remind me of what he also needs.

If we had credit cards, I would so find the nearest Target in Vegas & just buy all new stuff. But then this is a good example as to why we don't have credit cards.

No comments: