10 November 2009

These Dreams..

I can't take aspirin before bedtime because they give me the wildest dreams. It took me a bit to figure it out and aspirin was the only common denominator.

Like I mentioned on Halloween, I've started the Blood Brothers series of books and it has some dark imagery. I try not to read it before bed but unfortunately, that's when I read.

I don't usually have scary dreams. I do have stress dreams, which are always a joy. I've had deja-vu-ish kind of dreams in the past, or would that be in the future?

But the most recent one was odd, felt very real, yet was clearly a dream.

I was married to Kevin, but we were living in my parents house. It had been slightly remodeled inside but it was definitely their house. My dad was alive but my mother wasn't. And, we had teen-aged sons: one dark haired like Kevin and one blond like me. They were in their teens, as our children would have been had I not miscarried.

I told Kevin about it and after he got over living with my dad, he said "Well, our kids would have been that age" offering a little validity to the dream. It was like a little glimpse into Alternate Reality.

What was one of your most memorable dreams?

2 comments:

Swistle said...

I dreamed that my kids had been fathered by First Husband. So I was married to Paul, but constantly dealing with icky custody stuff, and I was SO WISHING that they were PAUL'S kids. I was so relieved when I woke up.

Firegirl said...

Ugh. I am eternally relieved that i don't have Michael's children so I totally get the terror of that dream.