22 November 2009

Flannel, it's not just for winter

I hate hotel sheets. I swear, next time I stay in a hotel I'm bringing my own sheets.

Bleached cotton sheets are just so uncomfortable to me. I had them as a child so one would think I would be comfortable in them. However, the sheets I had a child were probably nearly transparent by the time they were handed down to me.

We've stayed everywhere from a Stouffer-Madison hotel to a Motel 6. Scratchy cotton sheets abound.

If not cotton sheets, then what, you ask?

We have flannel sheets 24/7/365. I also like the t-shirt material sheets.

I just don't think there are many more things as cozy as flannel sheets. Even when it's warm outside, I just take a few blankets off the bed. I love being surrounded by the softness of the sheets. Then add the weight of extra blankets and a lovely cocoon is to be had.

What sheets do you love best?

2 comments:

Not Your Aunt B said...

I have some high tread count semi-silk sheets that are divinely soft and cool in the summer. In the winter I like the t-shirt material sheets or the regular sheets from IKEA. Although they are not high thread count, they soften up in just a wash or two and that's lovely.

Bethany said...

I'm a flannel sheet lover myself :) From about October- April ;)