02 November 2009

Short and Fickle


Fall in Washington State is short & fickle, kind of like me. One month ago it was sunny & beautiful, a late summer-ish day. Today, I drove home in the dark & rain. I can usually walk to the mailbox every night after work but not so much now. Three days ago I did and was caught in a gnarly downpour.

Fall visits for only a moment here. Just when we notice how beautiful fall can be, here comes the wind and rain.We had a windstorm a few days ago so any of the beautiful fall colors you see in these photographs is pretty much gone now.



However, I shouldn't complain much. My friends in Dawson Creek, Canada have had snow for about one month now.

2 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog. We have had some great fall color this year, I think. Probably because of the long hot summer but as you say--not for long. Rain does that ya know.

Aren't those fish funny. remember a few years back when they had all the crazy cows out there. I think it is great. MB

About names as you mentioned in a previous post: I never liked initials but a guy at my work a few years back started calling me 'MB' and I kinda liked it. Odd I know! MB

Bethany said...

It's not fallish here anymore either, but at least we don't have snow. That I would be mad about! When I was in Seattle in early September the leaves were changing already and I couldn't believe it!