13 December 2009

18 Terrifying Hours, or was it?

I left my cell phone in a co-workers car on Friday evening. Ugh.

I had to drive home without it. OMG, what if something went wrong? Because we all know, things tend to go wrong with me.

Of course I was running late and needed to let Kevin know I was on my way. FAIL.

And I realized that I have very few numbers written in my address book anymore. There is a task for my vacation.

Luckily, the past year has already created a drill if something goes wrong on my side of the family. So I could check that off my list of worries.

Texting! What if something important happened? I won't get FB updates!

Pictures! My camera battery is dead. What happens if some once in a lifetime photo opportunity arose?

Luckily, seven of those hours were spent sleeping. Even I can get by while I'm sleeping.

Oh, it was a little Karma for me because I tease Kevin about his "nee-nee", referring to his obsessive need for his cell, like a pacifier.

I even had Kev's NEXTEL work phone in case of emergency but it just wasn't the same.

All in all, it was kind of peaceful being unplugged for awhile. Not that I ever want to do that again.

2 comments:

Not Your Aunt B said...

I am the same way if I leave without my cell. Worst case scenarios run through my head, but here I am ok. I don't know how they survived in the 80's!

creative kerfuffle said...

honestly, the only reason i worry about my cell is when it's around the end of the school day because the girl texts me then. otherwise, it's in my purse and i barely use it.