14 December 2009

The Majestic

I've mentioned how much I hate going to the movies, haven't I? Well, I do. Hate it. I can't remember the last time I went to a movie theater. Hate. It.

Because manners have become a thing of the past, it is difficult to just relax & lose yourself in a movie. Someone forgot to turn off their phone, someone is taking fifteen minutes to open that candy wrapper, or stuffing fistfuls of popcorn in their mouths as if they were part of an eating contest.

No, no, no. The ADD doesn't not enjoy going to the movies. The ADD needs meds in order to go to the movies, thus negating any pleasure.

Until, until! I am flipping through Seattle Metropolitan Magazine "75 Years of Seattle Movies" and notice a small advertisement.

What's this? OMG you guys, it's Heaven. Heaven right here on earth.

Gold Class Cinemas
...recliner chairs, waiters, adult beverages, meals, no more than 24 people.

*~*Heaven*~*

Tickets are only $27. I find that surprisingly affordable. Stay with me & do the math: What is it to get into a movie now? $9? Plus $10 for snacks & soda, At Least. For a mere $8 more: luxury. WAITERS. Adult Beverages!!!

I am SO adding this on my list of things to do.

(the title is one of my favoritest movies. Ever.)

3 comments:

Not Your Aunt B said...

Nice! I wonder if they have one here...we do have a movie theatre with waiters and that serves meals. It is nicer than a regular movie theatre just because of that. Cell phones still go off and people still chat though.

creative kerfuffle said...

i love going to the movies. yes, i hate the stupid people around me, but i love everything else. the big screen, the production company/studio music before it starts, the previews, and then the whole experience. granted, we only go to our local $3 movie so it is older and not as swanky as some of the newer theaters. i don't think any of the theaters around here have waiters or adult beverages. when i was in london in high school my friend and i saw out of africa (one of my fave movies) and they served coffee/tea/cake and had an intermission and everything. heavenly.

Bethany said...

That does sound like fun! On the other hand, I enjoy going to movies here in the dollar theater because it's literally $1-2 which I think is awesome- every once in a while, I'll go just to get out and do something. When it's that cheap, why not??