25 November 2019

Baggie Full of Hoodie

I have a bunch of unfinished content that I am uninterested in finishing.  So I'm just going to sit down and do a stream of conscience post until something generates.  Or you're reading a chatty letter from your friend.  Let's find out.


Kevin has been gone for five days.  I thought I was going to hate it but I actually leaned into it this time.

As discussed, I had a list of things I intended to do.  What have I done?...looking around...not much of anything at all.  Well. to be fair I did organize Monica's closet and the chest.  I found my Christmas cards and I bought some more. Didn't get stamps but I have cards.

I did the basic maintenance stuff, my chores groceries, etc.  Other than that...watched the Seahawks win, watched His Dark Materials (LOVED) and did some reading.

I did not paint.  I didn't even get the urge, really, which feels strange. I think mostly because the last two spaces are just too much for me to do alone.  As much as that pains me to say.

I haven't really checked in on the parents.  I just needed a break.  And as much as they would deny it, I'm sure that a few days without everyone up in their business was probably nice.  To my knowledge, no ambulance has been here, nothing is on fire, and everyone is alive.  In fact, I'm not sure they've left at all this week.

And I'm certain I'll hear about this once everyone gets home.  That's kinda fair, my job was to check in with them.  But I also don't think it needed to be every day.  Which means the universe is going to throw me a curve ball, for sure.

We've talked about how Kevin isn't very secretive when it comes to buying presents.  He had to ask what hoodie size I wore yesterday so I was kinda excited to see if he was going to bring me  a cool racecar hoodie.  Then this morning he texted:

"Will you wear pink?"

"I'd rather not...*cringe face and smiley face*...BUT I will be happy with what you choose regardless"

Then added "Purple is my jam"

*Crickets*

He's a man of mystery.  And no cool racecar hoodie, I'm guessing...sigh...

Oh, here's a story about clothing and his brother:

Whatever Kevin buys for t-shirts and hoodies at an event like Vegas, his brother buys one too.  Like twinsies.  He sees absolutely nothing wrong with this. At all.  I think he thinks it's cool?  HE'S GOING TO BE 60 SOON.

The work-around for this is that I will buy hoodies, etc. on the down-low then he has no idea what Kevin has.  But I'm not there this year so Kevin had to figure it out on his own.

So, he phones to check in while he's searching for a friend of his at the racetrack.  I'm coaching him to buy stuff while he's on his own.  "He'll still know, he'll see when I come back."  I thought about it and said "Well, ask Mike to get you something. He'll understand."

"Yeah, and then we can hook up like in the parking garage and make the exchange." he replies, laughing at the ridiculous yet truthfulness of the statement.

This is yet another glimpse of my life and another reason why I did not travel with the brother-in-law.


No comments: