17 November 2019

This is Not Espionage, Sydney

One of Kevin's guys at work was fired a while ago.  This is unusual, the chance of getting fired is You Have to Try REALLY Hard.  I don't have the whole story of what happened.   It's not one of his guys that I know.

So then this guy filed a L&I claim (disability) against the company.  I don't understand how that can happen after being fired from the position but here we are.  If he were truly injured and had gone through proper channels, this so wouldn't be a thing.  But these circumstances are looking sketchy.

It turns out that he has been spotted working at his family's restaurant.  Working when supposedly he is unable to.

The restaurant was mentioned and it's one that our family goes to on the regular.  Kevin off-handedly mentioned this, not thinking anything about it.  The guy's supervisor wondered aloud "It would be good if we could get a photo of him working.  Do you think you could do that?"

*pause: read this with funny sarcasm *unpause*

"Oh, my wife is a sneaky bitch with that camera. She can totally do it."

I laughed so hard at this.  I have so many photos of him looking annoyed or surprised because he hates having his photo taken.  I have heard from all of our friends "How'd you get that photo?"  I AM a sneaky bitch.

We went to dinner last night and as I got out of the car, I said "Let's go do some spy sh*t"

Kevin replies "This isn't espionage, Sydney"

It's a line from The  American President and for the life of me, I can't find a clip or a meme or anything, which is beyond disappointing.  Unless you've seen the movie then it's relevant.

We went and as luck would have it, he wasn't there.  We were seated in the back of the restaurant and couldn't see the comings and goings of the staff.  I guess we're going to have to go again.  We live to spy again.



No comments: