08 November 2019

That's Not My Name




Remember when I have talked (too many times, probably) about the ritual of going to get coffee and the punch cards and the routines?

I think I also talked about how nice it is when people know you and know your drink; that it's a strange kind of soothing luxury.

AND (I swear I'm getting to the point. Remember: there is no straight line anymore)  I think I mentioned that on the converse, when there is some anonymity when you go to the starbucks.

Yeah, until there isn't.

It's like they're working on customer service goals.  Now they know me by voice, my drink and while it's lovely...

She has my name wrong.

And I just can't bring myself to correct her.

A few things:
The name she uses is technically a derivative of my given name.  Not one that I ever use.
I use the app to pay, the app where my name is listed on the screen in bold letters
It's not important enough TO ME to correct her and cause her embarrassment.
But it's still a little cringey.

My options:
Continue with this incorrect name that makes me wince
Hope that someone notices the name on my app and the mistake
Wait until this barista quits her job and hope that no one else uses the wrong name
Be a grown-up and say something (seems unlikely)
Adopt an alternate persona

AND, AND, AND I just realized that the starbucks has a known habit of using the wrong name.  I have become a meme.



Image result for starbucks wrong name meme"

No comments: