04 November 2019

For Use on Wolves

Remember during the summer when my childhood best friend sent us a caulking gun and caulk?  She works for the wally world in marketing and sent it for us to review.  We used it and I submitted an online review and moved on with our lives.  (it was a good caulking gun)

The other morning I got a text super early.  I was all confused because super early.  It was the friend again and she asked if she could send us another tool.  Well, yeah.  Of course.

Then I forgot about it.  Completely fell out of my brain.

Kevin got the mail when he got home from work today, something he never does.  (I usually get it because I'm home way earlier or walk down later)  Sure enough, there was a box in the mailbox.

Now I'm super confused, looking at the box and trying to remember if I'd ordered something.  It has a mailing label like from Amazon but not.  Then I remembered that I promised to do the thing.

I explained to Kevin that Laura had texted and asked if we'd do another review.  Now his interest was piqued.  "I just thought it was stupid books" he says.

It's a multi-tool.  It's like the dream tool for a guy.  It has 18 different things that it can do.  Saw wood, cut wire, screwdriver, knife, can opener. You get the idea.  Kevin was skeptical.  He was given a high-end brand one last Christmas so he didn't think this could possibly live up to it.

He's making all the parts move and do stuff.  It has an extension on it that does something that the other tool didn't have.  Now he's excited.  He pulls  out the saw part and touches the blade. "Sh*t that's SHARP."  (seriously, dude)

There was one part that he couldn't figure out so we looked at the instructions.  It's a pair of scissors.  Again, color Kevin impressed.

Now this whole time I'm listening for soundbites that I can use for the review.  I had a pretty good grasp on what I was going to write.  I asked Kevin what he thought I should write.  And I quote:

"We broke down on the backroads and were surrounded by wolves.  Using this tool, I was able to fight them off.  AND pull their teeth and cut their hair.  Five stars."

I know, RIGHT?

I texted Laura and told her what he said.  "Now that's a f%&king fabulous review!!!"

I asked her if she wanted me to post it then I would post a real review from a different account.  SHE SAID YES.

Now we wait to see if it gets cleared, because all reviews are screened.  To be fair, I wrote what Kevin said then added something like "No, seriously, it exceeded our expectations."

And I wrote a more reasonable review too.  Not involving wolves or their hygiene.

I can't wait to see what else she sends it.