30 November 2019

Alternate Blessings

I am Chandler Bing when it comes to Thanksgiving.  It is my least favorite holiday, and that includes Arbor Day.  An old friend would refer to events like this as "Forced Family Fun" and that has saved my life a few times.

This is where I say that, of course, I love my family and my in-laws.  Please just don't make me spend the whole day with you.  Or have two giant meals in one day, one of which requires travel. I would much prefer a Friendsgiving.

I'm snuggled on the couch today, watching Doctor Who episodes and waiting for the Friends Thanksgiving marathon to stack up so I can start watching without commercials.

So, I've thought of a list, an alternative list of Things I am Grateful for:

My BFF's whole post about raisins today.

Which then prompted me to watch this clip:  "It's got...raisins in it"

Coworkers who make me laugh

The words "I'm here."

A puppy who lays on you when she thinks you need it

Texting/Snapchat/Social media

Friends who open their coffee stands on holidays

Christmas lights in November

Cozy sweatshirts

Voicemail

The fireplace in our bedroom

A three-year-old who says "Don't worry" and it always seems to apply

Our pseudo-kids, both grown and young  (aka nephews and nieces)

Sleeping in when your husband knows this is your second least favorite day of the year

(had to put a few sentimental ones in there, I am not a complete monster)





1 comment:

Swistle said...

The Friendsgiving concept appeals to me so much.

Also: CHRISTMAS LIGHTS ARE UP. We had to make an emergency trip to Target to get them up while it was still November, BUT WE DID IT