12 November 2019

My Workbench

I am working on deadlines at work so my brain is full as I sit down to write content.  The fact that I just typed that sentence is proof enough of said brain.

So, I'm cheating today and looking at a list of prompts for this bloggity post.

"What's on your desk? How did it come to be?"

Well, firstly, my desk is uncluttered compared to some people everyone.  The A.D.D. requires that or it won't let me work in peace.

So, things that sit on the big, heavy, old oak desk that I love:

Left from right:

a large placemat? potholder?  I'm not sure but it's from my great aunt's house so it's likely well older than me.  It's a woven rag rug kind of thing.  It holds a picture that I like, two candles that I like the scent, a seashell I found somewhere with Kevin, two bird feathers, and two legit train engine keys that were a gift.



I have matching lamps that Kevin gave me years ago for birthdayChristmas.  They're very old world appearing and I love them.  Not at all what he would have normally chosen, he has a more mid-century modern vibe and I am more old Craftsman/farmhouse.

TARDIS.  Because every desk should have a TARDIS.  I bought this one in Vegas at a Magic shop.

Beautifully framed picture of a Dalek.



Tchotchke box that was made for me by a family back in my school admin days.  Upon which an angel sits that was given to me by my mother-in-law.

Lighthouse candle holder that was a gift from my staff at the school.

Brass sailing ship that was my former boss's.  I received it when she retired.

Driftwood.  Last year I went to a memorial for a friend on the beach.  I picked it up because I liked it and brought it home.  Fun fact: that act makes me a criminal here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.  It's illegal to remove driftwood from the beach.

Mermaid.  It was given to me by Kevin's mom's crazy best friend.  There are three other dolls that go with it but they don't match.  Also: mermaid.



Now just don't ask what's in the desk.  It's not as exciting and not nearly as organized.  I have filing from Hell because I keep all.the.things.  I have another large drawer that keeps our bills, my things to do list and the family history project organized-ish.

Yes, I might have a pen issue.
An old friend of mine commented on the facebook that she loves looking at the background in photos.  I admit, that can be a favorite pastime for me as well.

Now it's your turn to play.

No comments: